Merry Christmas to all and an extra special Happy Merry Christmas Birthday to my sweet Sarahbird!
Today is her birthday…her 13th birthday!
Yeah, it’s a biggie!
Because, now, she is officially a teen. Ok Ok, she’s been kinda sliding into this teen stuff for, oh, at least a year or so now. I mean, you know, the moods, the bling, the nails, the eye rolls, the music, the giggled comments with her friends and sister, the fussing over shoes. She’s the whole little
preteen teen package. Whoa, no more PREteen. Now, it’s all teen, all the time.
But, you know, with that teen-hood, comes wider eyes and her heart is growing too. Yes, some more rocky times, and bigger worries, of course for the parental types (be kind to us sweet Sarah!). But also, with teen years comes those times for more heart to heart talks and understanding. Some of the best stuff comes in the teen years too, it’s just easy to overlook it. I promise you, honey, that one of my bday gifts to you is I will try to NOT overlook the good.
Anyhow, enough musing, today, this Christmas day when we are brought the greatest of gifts – once again I am reminded of one of our greatest gifts: our Sarahbird. I know you were born on THIS day for a reason honey: so we would never ever forget that you came swaddled in soft gift wrap, a living jewel.
- Your smile, your REAL one, can light up a room.
- You are shy at times,
- but you are also an extroverted firecracker,
- and, best of all, quick to say hello and befriend the new kid.
- You love music,
- and anything flashy,
- and nail polish, and fashion,
- and boots, oh…the boots you crave….oy!
- But you still are just young enough to still have fun w/ sweet toys, I love that.
- You are doing great in school, and that fortitude is one of your great gifts.
- You ARE a little bossy at times, ahem, like a teen girl, I suppose.
- You are fierce on the basketball court, a great fearless defense player, fun to watch.
- And you are a key part of this family – we love you so.
We are so proud of you and we hope all your bday wishes come true. You are our beautiful sweet Sarahbird. We love you so and hope today is special and shiny and full of bling that makes your face light up with happiness.
Happy 13th Birthday Sweet Sarah, we are so proud of you and we love you!